Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Things That Don't Change Stay the Same

The title of this post is a quote from my dad that I always thought was dumb. But as I've been welcoming my friend MacKenzie Inman back to the U.S. after her service in New Zealand on an LDS mission, that dumb quote keeps returning to my mind.

Why? Because even though Kenz now has a thick New Zealand accent, I was happy to see some things didn't change. When Kenz, Leslie and I got together, it felt like we were back at our college apartment being roommates again. We had so much fun laughing, catching up and of course taking pictures.

Leslie came to my house with her husband Saturday night to sleep over so they could make it to Kenz's talk in church Sunday morning. I feel so blessed to have become such good friends with Leslie. She just happened to be assigned to be my roommate Sophomore year of college, and ever since then we've had very similar experiences. We started dating our future husbands around the same time, got married within a couple weeks of each other, our husbands got jobs at the same time and our pregnancies overlapped. It's been fun to have someone who always seems to know exactly what I'm going through.
 Here's Leslie's baby Izzy. Eli couldn't stay away from her. He stepped on her several times. Sorry Izzy!
 Then Kenz came to see us on Saturday and that's when we reverted back to our college antics.



 Kenz brought home a souvenir for Leslie. A doll that, "Looks just like her..."


 Kenz loves flashing the peace sign in pictures. I can't help but get my peace sign going when she's around.
What are the former girls of Stadium Way #49 known for? Being awkward. We have come to embrace it. And come to love pictures that enhance our awkwardness:

Our first few months together we always put our fingers together when we were bonding. It was our favorite thing to do and it's lasted through the years.
It was fun to have a roommate reunion. I hope there are many more to come.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Wait, why wasn't I invited? I thought I was Kenzie's best friend! Has she already forgotten who the first one to write her on her mission was?!