Monday, May 30, 2011

Trouble is a Friend

I was going to wait to post this on Eli's birthday, but I can't. So happy early birthday, Eli!

Yesterday I was trying to make a video montage of all his cute videos, and I noticed everything I have on video lately is Eli getting into trouble! Then I found a song on my ipod that I think was written with Eli in mind.

I had a lot of fun making this video and laughing at my little troublemaker. He's so precious to us and we are happy he joined our family a year ago! Wow. I can't believe I have a one-year old! Anyway, enjoy:



Here are the lyrics if you're interested. Feel free to insert Eli's name in place of "trouble."

Trouble he will find you no matter where you go, oh oh
No matter if you're fast, no matter if you're slow, oh oh
The eye of the storm or the cry in the mourn, oh oh
You're fine for a while but you start to lose control

He's there in the dark, he's there in my heart
He waits in the wings, he's gotta play a part
Trouble is a friend, yeah trouble is a friend of mine, oh oh!

Trouble is a friend but trouble is a foe, oh oh
And no matter what I feed him he always seems to grow, oh oh
He sees what I see and he knows what I know, oh oh
So don't forget as you ease on down the road

He's there in the dark, he's there in my heart
He waits in the wings, he's gotta play a part
Trouble is a friend, yeah trouble is a friend of mine, oh oh

So don't be alarmed if he takes you by the arm
I won't let him win, but I'm a sucker for his charm
Trouble is a friend, yeah trouble is a friend of mine, oh oh!

4 comments:

jojo said...

We loved this... thanks for inspiring us to be good documenters of our little girl's life :)

Kim said...

We were laughing a lot at the video. Great editing, Sarah! The "oh, ohs" were captured perfectly with his little mouth. I loved him rocking on the chair. His wildly kicking trademark Eli legs were great as well as his clenched-fist fit. The growing pictures were sweet. It's amazing how quickly he has grown into a one-year-old, isn't it? What a fun review of his quirks and cuteness and lovable traits that have endeared himself to all of us.

David and Mary said...

Eli is so cute! I love his kicks and smiles!

jlthomas said...

If you don't figure out a good way for him to use those super-speed legs, you are failing your child. I think that might be his mutant power.