Sunday, May 22, 2011

That Tangy Zip

I've started a new thing where I try to menu plan. It's worked out pretty good for me. Especially on the days when I can make a meal ahead of time during one of Eli's naps and then just pop it in the oven before Jeff gets home from work.

Last week I was craving enchiladas and it worked out great because it was a make ahead meal. I started it while Eli was asleep and then realized the recipe called for mayonnaise. I looked and looked through the house but we only had Miracle Whip. Those are interchangeable, right?

Wrong.
Wow. That looks good. But don't be fooled. One taste and I had Jeff saying things like:

"If I was served that on Fear Factor, I wouldn't be able to finish it."

"I have to go out to eat so I can remember what real food tastes like."

"This is the worst meal I've ever eaten. I'm going to throw up."

I think it will be a long time before Jeff and I will be able to eat anything with Miracle Whip in it again.