Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Best Imaginary Food Never Tasted

So I gave Eli a cinnamon roll for breakfast one morning. And several mornings after that. But anyway, on this particular morning, he must have really liked that cinnamon roll.

Because he kept going back for more. And more. And more. Even though the cinnamon roll was long gone.

A little bit later, I gave him a spoon for the first time and he had the time of his life. He spent another thirty minutes "eating" yogurt out of a bowl - without successfully getting a single drop of yogurt in his mouth.

His day of imaginary food sparked an interest in imaginary things. Now when we go on our walk in the morning he pretends to move something (I think an imaginary rock) from one compartment of the stroller tray to another.

So either he's either schizophrenic or he's adorable? I'll choose adorable.

And what kind of mom would I be if I didn't video tape his first "taste" of playing imagination and put it to music to share with the world?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Cute...but the audio has been disabled.